These injuries don’t just cause extensive pain
Especially on Montana roadways, where Montanans love to walk and bicycle, accidents can occur. While pedestrians and bicyclists have obligations to be observant of their surroundings, the law places a special responsibility upon drivers of motor vehicles. Those driving vehicles are utilizing a piece of equipment that is large, heavy, and particularly dangerous to pedestrians and bicyclists.
At Meridian Law, we routinely handle cases involving collisions between cars and pedestrians or bicyclists. When a negligent driver hits an innocent pedestrian or bicyclist, the injuries incurred are usually very severe. We are experienced in helping the injured party recover compensation for their injuries.
Common causes of vehicle and pedestrian/bicyclist accidents include:
- Intoxicated driving
- Running red lights and hitting pedestrians/bikes in a crosswalk
- Right turns through crosswalks without looking for pedestrians and bicyclists
- Distracted driving, such as driving while texting or talking on the phone
- Illegally parked vehicles, making it difficult to see pedestrians and bicycles
We have handled claims that include:
- Broken Bones
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Cognitive and Mental Impairment
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Other Serious and Severe Injuries
These types of injuries don’t just cause extensive pain and suffering, they also carry with them staggering medical expenses. A person injury lawsuit can help you recover for a variety of damages, including medical expenses, future medical care, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, loss of income, and punitive damages. Contact us to discuss how we may best assist you in pursuing all of the recovery to which you are entitled.